Hygiene and prevention measures against Covid-19 at Surf School Lanzarote
Organizational measures before your visit
- A negative Covid-19 test must be taken 72 hours prior to arrival in Lanzarote, and this test document can be produced.
- The Radar Cover App has been downloaded.
- We send to our future clients, the Action Protocol, and our Hygiene and Prevention Measures of COVID-19 in advance, so that they are informed of the risks of contagion and our measures to lower its risk.
- We promote online payment, thus minimizing contact with our coaches and office staff.
AT THE SURF SCHOOL
- At the entrance to the premises, we provide the customers with hydro alcoholic gel dispensers or disinfectants with virucidal activity authorized and registered by the Ministry of Health
- The client is obliged to bring their own masks. The minimum numbers of masks to be brought is 2. It is also recommended that personal hand sanitizer is carried by the clients although they will required to use the Surf School sanitizer as well.
- The toilet will not be used by clients, except in cases where it is strictly necessary. In the latter case, the toilets, taps, and doorknobs will be cleaned immediately.
- The client is obliged to respect the safety distance with our team, following signs, and marks on the floor. Entry numbers to the Surf School reception area is strictly controlled and only one person at a time will be allowed into the office area.
- Before starting the surf lessons the participant must not show symptoms of COVID-19, cough, fever, or any related Covid 19 symptoms. A physical signature is required by each course member no matter their age on an individual form.
- To reduce possible contagion, we will measure the temperature with an IR thermometer. If the temperature is higher than 37.5C, the client will not be able to participate in the class and must contact by phone, or go immediately to the Health Center or Hospital, keeping a safe distance of 2m from other persons.
- Each participant has the obligation to bring their own masks to carry out the activity during the planned period, taking into account that a mask guarantees safety up to a maximum of 4 hours. Reusable masks must be washed daily with water at 60C, according to the recommendations of the Ministry of Health. For example, for a 5-day surf course, a client should bring a minimum of 10 surgical masks (2 masks/ day), or have two reusable masks.
- The use of masks during the transfer in our vehicles is mandatory at all times.
- The use of the Surf Schools hand sanitizer is required on entry to all vehicles at all times.
- It is forbidden to share equipment, creams, towels, drinks or any other personal item that could transmit COVID-19; under penalty of exclusion from the activity, without the right to a refund.
- During the delivery of theory or practices on the beach or during lunch break, the participants declare themselves in agreement to maintain the recommended safety distance of 1.5m.
- The participants change at the beach while keeping the safety distance required. Same family members who are staying in accommodation with each other may assist each other.
- 10.The use of toilets are not available to our clients, except in cases of urgency. In that case, after use, the client is obliged to disinfect with disinfection products available in the bathroom, following the disinfection instructions on the information cards in the toilet.
Surf School Lanzarote (Surf Insight S.L.U.) has established prevention measures against COVID-19 according to the rules and recommendations of the Spanish Ministry of Health. In the event that one of our clients turns out to be COVID-19 positive after their visit to our facilities, Red Star Surf SLU, following strictly the protocols of security and prevention of risks of contagion and declines any liability including financial, accommodation or ticket liability. Contagion may happen before or after the contact with our team.
- We have informative posters in Spanish and English, explaining the restrictive conditions of use of the facilities and hygiene standards in relation to the prevention of contagion.
- Our signing of all relevant documents will take place in the open area outside of the office unless poor weather conditions mean signing will take place within the reception area.
- We have a documented cleaning procedure, in accordance with the general measures of prevention and hygiene against COVID-19 indicated by the health authorities.
- At all times the guest is informed about the conditions that apply to the use of our services. The client will know all required rules, before the confirmation of the reservation with Surf School Lanzarote (Surf Insight S.L.U.) in written form and in a language understandable for the client and agree to these rules and abide by them and sign an individual document stating they will abide by them.
- We make provide customers with hydroalcoholic gels or disinfectants with virucidal activity.
Recommendations to our clients
Information and bookings:
- We provide a booking form and an online reservation system. With this measure, both access to school and the time spent there will be more efficient, avoiding delays and unnecessary crowds.
- Contracting and payments: for the same reason, the contracting of services and any other product is available in advance to minimize the time spent at the reception or office at the school.
- In addition, we have introduced planning of the daily activities of the school, organization of shifts, and resources, which results in greater safety for workers. Likewise, and for the same reason, we promote advance payment by virtual POS, bank transfer, or any other means of online payment.
- Behavior at our school: clients are informed about operational, access, and hygienic-sanitary measures so that they have responsible behavior.
- We will minimize the flow of people inside the school, promoting the use of open spaces throughout the stay.
Action protocol for violating the rules of infection prevention
The violation of the measures stated above entails the immediate expulsion (of a person or group of persons), from classes that they are taking and, if they are housed in our establishment, also from the corresponding accommodation.
Any client found to be breaking the guideline rules will neither be readmitted to the course and receive any form of reimbursement
Failure to comply with the aforementioned hygienic-sanitary measures will lead to the initiation of the Action Protocol for not complying with the norms of prevention of contagion. The Safety Protocol and the Hygiene and Prevention Covid-19 Measures by Surf School Lanzarote (Surf Insight S.L.U.) can be seen at the following link: https://surfschoolanzarote.com/covid-19-prevention/
In the interest of all involved in the activity our regulations for our employees relating to Covid 19 and its control are set out below
Prevention for our employees
Before going to work
- If you have any symptoms (cough, fever, difficulty breathing, etc.) that could be associated with COVID-19, you should not go to work. Contact the COVID-19 contact line in your autonomous community or your primary medical center and follow their instructions.
- If you have been in close contact or shared space without keeping the interpersonal distance with a person affected by COVID-19, you should not go to the workplace, even in the absence of symptoms, for at least 14 days.
- If you are vulnerable due to age, being pregnant or having previous medical conditions, you should not go to the workplace. In case of not being able to carry out the tasks remotely, a doctor should be contacted to prove, when appropriate, that in fact it is necessary to remain isolated from the workplace.
Commuting to and from work
- Whenever possible, prioritize the mobility options that best guarantee the interpersonal distance of approximately 2 meters.
- If you go to work on foot, by bike or motorcycle, you do not need to wear a mask. Interpersonal distance should be kept when walking down the street.
- If you have to travel in a car, you must take extreme measures to clean the vehicle.
- When traveling by public transport, the interpersonal distance with other passengers must be kept. It is mandatory to wear a hygienic mask.
Distancing / Capacity
- The establishment’s capacity will be reduced according to the recommendations established by the competent authorities at all times. In our case, 3 people is the maximum capacity including office staff.
- All activities that can be moved outside will be carried out outdoors, guaranteeing a distance of 2 meters between people at all times.
- All workers are provided with permanently available hydroalcoholic gels or disinfectants with virucidal activity at the workplace, authorized and registered by the Ministry of Health for hand cleaning, or when this is not possible, soap and water.
- The workers are obliged to carry out periodic ventilation of the facilities on a daily basis and for a period of five minutes.
- Workers have protective equipment appropriate to the level of risk: reusable masks, gloves in different sizes, alcohol-based hand sanitizers, soap, and paper tissue for effective hand hygiene. The staff is trained and informed about the correct use of the aforementioned protective equipment. There are informative posters in the facilities.
- At least twice a day, the facilities are cleaned and disinfected with special attention to the most frequent contact surfaces such as doorknobs, counters, furniture, floors, telephones, hangers, POS terminals, and other elements with similar characteristics.
- At each shift change, the workplace will be cleaned and disinfected.
- The toilets will not be used by clients, except in cases where it is strictly necessary. In the latter case, the toilets, taps, and doorknobs will be cleaned immediately.
- The distance between instructor, office staff and customer during the entire customer service process will be at least approximately two meters without these elements.
- Two-meter interpersonal safety distance between clients, with markers on the ground, posters, or indicators.
- At the entrance to the premises, we provide the customers with hydroalcoholic gel dispensers or disinfectants with virucidal activity authorized and registered by the Ministry of Health.
- Disinfection of wetsuits: Following the recommendations of the Ministry of Health, we disinfect our wetsuits with a 1% aqueous-based solution of sodium hypochlorite (bleach), with application time ≥15 minutes, ensuring that the solution reaches all corners and parts of the equipment (total immersion).
- Disinfection of surfboards and kite equipment:
- After school: Due to their use in salt water, surfboards have no direct contact with mucous membranes. Class participants are using the equipment predominantly in the salty water; the equipment is also constantly exposed to the sun. When the surfboards come back to the store, no-one has any possible contact with them, except for the instructor. In this case their additional disinfection is not necessary.
- If surfboards are rented after each rental, the equipment is disinfected with anti-virucidal products recommended by the Spanish Ministry of Health, or left exposed to direct sun for approx. one hour on each side. The surface of the boards exposed to direct sun will exceed the temperature minimum of 60 degrees to eliminate the risk of contagion.
We do not rent boards to non course participants.
- We have increased the usual cleaning frequency, also incorporating the disinfection of contact surfaces.
- Frequent contact surfaces are sanitized with a disinfectant product with bactericidal and virucidal properties.
- We do not use cloth towels. They are replaced by disposable paper tissues.
- The used tissues are arranged in a bucket with open access or pedal opening.
Continuous point of contact (knobs, taps, switches, etc.)
- As a complement to the cleaning procedure of the facilities mentioned above, and with the same frequency (at each “cycle”), a disinfection of surfaces and continuous points of contact is carried out with a disinfecting solution.
- We inform customers about the need to use hydroalcoholic gel, which is available in dispensers, as well as the necessity of minimizing contact with any surface.
- The workers must maintain the distances and implement the measures of prevention of contagion and hygiene also at home, especially if they live with people from risk groups.
- In the case of work uniforms or the like, they will be bagged, closed, and transferred to the point of usual washing. A full cycle wash at a temperature between 60 and 90 ºC is recommended.
- Ordinary waste management will continue to be carried out in the usual way, respecting the protocols of waste separation.
- It is recommended that disposable paper tissues, used by staff for drying hands or for compliance with the “respiratory etiquette”, are disposed of in bins or containers protected with a lid and, if possible, pedal-operated.
- All personal hygiene materials (masks, latex gloves, etc.) must be deposited in the fraction remainder (grouping of household waste that is obtained once the collections are separated).
- In the event that a worker shows symptoms while at their job, the container where they have deposited tissues or other used products must be isolated. That garbage bag must be removed and placed in a second, zippered garbage bag for deposit in the fraction remainder.
- The person in charge of removing the contents of the bins must do so with protection (PPE). Once the bags have been removed, the person should wash their hands for at least two minutes and disinfect them with a hydroalcoholic solution.
- In accordance with the occupational risk prevention regulations (PRL), the staff is informed in a reliable manner and updated on the health recommendations that must be followed individually.
- The personnel is provided with the necessary hygiene products to follow the recommendations individually, adapting to each specific activity.
- A sufficient supply of cleaning materials is supplied to be able to undertake the tasks of enhanced daily sanitization. Among them bleach and products authorized by the Ministry of Health to disinfect.
- A sufficient supply of protection material, especially alcohol-based gels and masks for both staff and clients, is provided.
- Specific measures to minimize the risk of transmission to especially sensitive workers are adopted.
- We carry out all the explanations and briefings in open spaces, which allow social distancing, either in the center itself or on the beach.